Experienced, Aerodrome (ADI) and Approach (APP) rated Air Traffic Control Officers required.
You will be part of a small, experienced team who are responsible for providing an essential service to general aviation, business and military traffic at Brighton City Airport.
Our Air Traffic Control Officers need to provide the following:
- an Air Traffic Service as stated in CAP493: Sect1, Chap1
- the specific responsibilities stated in CAP493: Sect2, Chap1 of an Aerodrome Controller
- the service required of an Approach Controller, in CAP493: Sect3, Chap1
The Airport is one of the busiest in the UK with around 50,000 movements per year. The ATSU has also been modernised in recent years with the addition of a new touch-screen VCCS and other associated equipment. We are looking for a keen and talented individual to join our friendly team.
- Comply with the procedures/instructions stated in MATS Pt2 and associated documents.
- Make meteorological observations (if qualified to do so), obtain frequent weather information and notify weather warnings to operators.
- Assist and participate in training and role development programmes of the unit.
- Arrive in the VCR in good time to facilitate a safe handover of the controlling position.
- Perform ATS Assistant duties when necessary.
- Perform secondary duties within the ATSU.
Individuals may also be required to carry out additional duties, as required by the business.
All candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Current ADI rating
- Current Medical Certificate
- English Level 5 (as a minimum).
It is also highly desirable, for applicants to have an APP (Procedural) rating, a Meteorological Observers Certificate and an OJTI rating.
You should have experience of working in an aerodrome with exposure to general aviation. Knowledge of operations and limitations of working within Class G airspace would be advantageous.
Salary: dependent on ratings and experience.
This position is based at Brighton City Airport, Cecil Pashley Way, BN43 5FF
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter (PDF or DOC preferred), to Cheri Thorogood, HR and Administration Manager, Brighton City Airport, Terminal 3, BN43 5FF
Click here to download a PDF with the full job details.