We have a vacancy for a full time experienced Aerodrome (ADI) and Approach (APP) rated Air Traffic Control Officer.
As an experienced Air Traffic Control Officer you will be required to provide the following:
- an Air Traffic Service as stated in CAP493: Sect1, Chap1
- the specific responsibilities stated in CAP493: Sect2, Chap1 of an Aerodrome Controller
- the service required of an Approach Controller, in CAP493: Sect3, Chap1
The Air Traffic Control Team:
You will be part of a small, experienced team who is currently responsible for providing an essential service to general aviation, business and military traffic at Brighton City Airport.
The Airport is one of the busiest in the UK with around 50,000 movements per year. The ATSU has also been modernised in recent years with the addition of a new touch-screen VCCS and other associated equipment. We are looking for a keen and talented individual to join our friendly team.
- Comply with the procedures/instructions stated in MATS Pt2 and associated documents.
- Make meteorological observations (if qualified to do so), obtain frequent weather information and notify weather warnings to operators.
- Assist and participate in training and role development programmes of the unit.
- Arrive in the VCR in good time to facilitate a safe handover of the controlling position.
- Perform ATS Assistant duties when necessary.
- Perform secondary duties within the ATSU.
Individuals may also be required to carry out additional duties, as required by the business.
Essential skills and experience:
- Current ADI rating is essential
- APP (Procedural) rating is highly desirable
- Current Medical Certificate is essential
- A Meteorological Observers Certificate is desirable
- An OJTI rating is desirable
- English Level 5 as a minimum.
The successful candidate will have previous experience at a busy aerodrome with exposure to general aviation. Knowledge of operations and limitations of working within Class G airspace would be an advantage.
Salary dependent on ratings and experience. This position is based at Brighton City Airport, Cecil Pashley Way, BN43 5FF
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter (PDF or DOC preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download a PDF with the full job details.