Job Vacancies at Brighton City Airport
We are the oldest continuous licensed airport in the UK with Harold Piffard courageously flying from here in 1910. The Airport stays true to its founders’ vision in the early 1900s: to create an aerodrome that would be available for expert and student aviators of all nations. Used by a diverse range of fixed-wing and rotary wing aircraft on a daily basis, Brighton City Airport proves to be the perfect gateway to the south coast of England.
We have a vibrant aviation community on site interspersed with some non-aviation businesses. This has created a diverse and inclusive workplace which is central to attracting talented employees and joint success. We promote a ‘just culture’ and have developed a workplace where employees feel respected and valued. Simply, it’s a great place to work!
Opportunities at the Airport
Whether you are just starting out or looking to build on an already successful career, Brighton City Airport could provide the perfect career opportunity for you. We are always looking for talented, qualified people to join our small, forward-thinking business.
Our unique culture is distinguished by a shared passion – aviation. No two days are the same, one day you could be greeting a celebrity or executive flight and on another supporting a training visit from a military aircraft.
Everyone on the Airport staff works together to deliver the best possible service, while always holding safety in the highest regard. See below for opportunities in the various Airport departments (Airport Operations, Administration and Support, Technical Services) as well as with other aviation businesses based on-site.
Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO)
Brighton City Airport is a busy aerodrome with a mix of general aviation, business, and military traffic. With around 50,000 movements per annum across four runways, the job is both challenging and rewarding. The Air Traffic Service Unit (ATSU) is equipped with modern voice communications and control system, navigation aids, met system and latest automatic handling and messaging system.
Salary Range: Negotiable depending on experience
Responsible to: Manager Air Traffic Services
– As a member of the professional and friendly ATC team, provide an ATS to all aircraft arriving, departing or operating within the Air Traffic Zone and the surrounding Class G airspace
– Fulfilling the duties of an ADI Controller to deliver a safe, efficient and regulatory compliant service
– If qualified, make meteorological observations, obtain frequent weather information and notify weather warnings to operators
– Watch-keeping duties commensurate with the need for the Airport to operate 7 days a week
– Performance of secondary duties within the ATSU and be capable of substituting for the ATSA on occasions
– Assistance and participation in training and role development programmes of the Unit
The above list is not exhaustive and the business may require flexibility to carry out additional duties to support the air operation.
– Current ATCO licence with an ADI rating
– Current Medical Certificate
– English Language Proficiency Level 5 or above is required
– Preferably, you should have 2 years operational controlling experience at an ADI/APP unit and have held a unit validation(s) for a period of at least 12 months for ADI rating.
– Holding a current APP (Procedural) rating would be advantageous
– Previous experience at a busy aerodrome with exposure to general aviation
– A Meteorological Observers Certificate
– An OJTI rating
– Knowledge of operations and limitations of working within Class G airspace would be an advantage
What you will receive
– Opportunity for personal and professional development
– Competitive salary
– 28 days annual leave/public holidays
– Ready access to HR well-being and mental health guidance
-Free airport car parking
How to apply
FAO: Manager Air Traffic Services
Brighton City Airport
Main Terminal Building
Cecil Pashley Way
Shoreham by Sea
via email (PDF or DOC preferred) to: email@example.com
Please download and complete the application form below.
Closing Date: 12 August 2022